Thursday, March 29, 2012

Flight and hotel deals- purchased online??

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a website to book hotel and domestic flights in advance? Other than Expedia, I haven%26#39;t found a good website to book return flights and a hotel. I am going from Beijing to Shanghai.

Thanks.

Flight and hotel deals- purchased online??

Do a forum search and you%26#39;ll get your answers.

Also, how far in advance are you trying to book? When would you be travelling?

Flight and hotel deals- purchased online??

Traveling in September and I am goin gto book before I leave and not once I am in China.

Past posts only mention flight only sites. Ctrip doesn%26#39;t seem to work for me for a flight + hotel package and eLong uses Expedia%26#39;s database of hotel and flight options.

Just wondering if there was any other websites for hotel and flight combos, aside from booking a pre-arranged tour which I am not interested in. Booking hotels and flights separately ends up being more $$$ than what comes up on Expedia.


Hmmm I don%26#39;t think there%26#39;re usually much of those, since it%26#39;s already pretty cheap to book separately. Local folks who need those usually need the rest of a tour package, that%26#39;s why. :)

I know Spring Airlines (http://www.china-sss.com) has some -- and they%26#39;re a really good budget airline to boot -- but I use the Chinese-language website so have no idea if the English-language one works just as well.


This is not so common and I think you deprive yourself of many options and cheaper deals. I suggest you book your flight and your hotels 3 to 5 days before departure, and seperately. I always stay in 5-star hotels for no more than $100 and fly for cheap. There is always plenty of choice.


ok thanks. I think I%26#39;ll stick with booking flight = hotel together on Expedia since I am happy with those prices.


Hi Filmgal,

Try travelchinaguide.com. They can arrange hotel and

inter-china flights for you. We have booked a land package with them for Sept for Beijing, Xian %26amp; Shanghai with air between cities (upgraded to First Class for a minimal difference amount). They also booked our flight from Shanghai to Beijing, where our tour starts.

Travel china is a part of Warrior Tours, which was given good reviews by Frommers %26amp; Wall Street Journal and I have been in contact with other travellers who have used them-all of which gave ';rave reviews';!

Good luck in your plans.

Lu


Booking domestic flight would be much cheaper if you get the ticket from the local travel agent compared to the price you get from expedia.

The problem for booking online is most Chinese travel site like, ctrip, elong, do not accept credit card.

So if you have some friends over there and you can use those search engine to search the flight for you (and you can find the exact price) and then ask your friends to book for you (most time they would deliver for free but even there is a charge for deliver, it would be between $2 to $3).

Here is the elong link I normally use,

travel.elong.com/flights/default.aspx鈥?/a>

Also, I heard that some of the major airlines like airchina (airchina.com.cn), China Eastern Airline(ce-air.com), China Southern Airline (cs-air.com) now allow you to use credit card to book the ticket, I never confirmed that.

  • identifying rows
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment