Thursday, March 29, 2012

Macau update

You friendly Macau freak here, twiddling her thumbs %26amp; catching up with a favorite city while waiting to see if she can get a mainland visa (don%26#39;t bother with the tissues - I%26#39;m not crying real hard)...



here are some of the latest developments



1. Macaupass. FINALLY. A pay-as-you-go I/C card that can be used on either bus company%26#39;s services and at most of the Royal supermarket %26amp; pharmacy stores. Can be topped up at various places around town. Ask for more info at the tourist kiosks at any of the entry points.



2. The Venetian. At last I can say I%26#39;ve seen it from inside as well as outside. The decoration is amazing, but otherwise it%26#39;s just another megamall (and the McDonalds there won%26#39;t even give you a free coffee refill at breakfast). It%26#39;s still surrounded by building sites.



3. Kwanyin (Kwunyam) temple - if you%26#39;re planning to arrive here by bus or taxi in the next month or 3, allow extra time, as half the road has been dug up so the traffic jams are worse than usual.



4. The boulangerie / cafe Chocolat has had to close owing to their being unable to find staff (everyone has gone to work at the Venetian).



5. mainland visas - see my post on the general China forum.





Owing to what%26#39;s happening on that last point, I%26#39;ll be here for at least a couple more days, so let me know if you have any more specific questions let me know and I%26#39;ll scoot around and try to find out.



Macau update


hi! just exactly how does the visitor pass/visa for macau entry work? I will be going there for five nights. Is this just a document to be filled out once you depart the ferry? If so how long does it take? thanks!



Macau update


Angie, what passport do you have? Most nationalities get automatic visa on arrival valid for 30 days - no paperwork at all (apart from the normal statistical declaration).




Hi Angie,



The Macaupass is nothing to do with visas; it is a stored value card to use on public transport.



You can check on www.macautourism.gov.mo to see how long you can stay without a visa.




I have a US passport, so I guess no worries... :)





thank you, for that site




Hi Angie, on board the ferry, you will be given the embarkation/disembarkation slip of paper.IT is a carbonised copy.Fill it up,hand it together with your passport at port of entry,and get back the white copy,of which is to be presented when you depart.





Macau visa is not required for citizens of United States for a stay up to 60 days.





The MAcau pass,that was mentioned,will be great,so you need not jingle with coins if you are taking the public buses.If,my question time,can it be used at McDonald%26#39;s/KFC.What is the cost?





The Octopus card from HK,can be used in KFC in Macau,however it is based on 1:1,i.e. MOP1=HKD1,when in actual,it is HKD1=MOP1.03.




Hi mKiara,



So far the MacauPass can only be used on buses and at Royal chain of supermarkets, but I%26#39;m sure this will expand quickly.




thanks mKiaratravel, I enjoy any and all info that can be and is given. I would love to know as much as I can before I go. Thanks again!




i walked up and down up and down looking for Chocolat- in the end, just gave up. Now I know why I couldn%26#39;t find it.





So agree with you about the Venetian, the decoration is amazing- for the rest of it, I wouldn%26#39;t waste any time going back- once is more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment