Thursday, March 29, 2012

Post Office

Hello, I will be starting my trip in Hong Kong, then proceeding to Bejing, Xian, and Shanghai. Since I plan to do some shopping, I am concerned about luggage weight traveling by air to these cities. Can someone tell me how easy and safe it is to mail packages back to the states from Hong Kong. I will be staying in Kowloon.





Thanks



Post Office


How easy? Very easy in case you locate a post office around. Here%26#39;s a list of the post offices in Kowloon and their opening hours: hongkongpost.com/eng/鈥ndex.htm . You can also find the rates in the same website.





How safe? I think it%26#39;s safe enough. I have not heard of any poor comment about their services. At least the local one is reliable. Hope this helps. In any case you don%26#39;t find comfortable using their services, you can always consult FedEx or UPS which are all very easy to access.



Post Office


Hi I just returned from a 2 week holiday and after many wonderful days shopping I needed to post items back to Australia or my baggage wouldn%26#39;t have been allowed on the plane!!!!



The staff at the post office ( Mongkok ) were extremely helpful and even weighed my parcel to give me an estimated cost. I paid $3 AUD for a large box and they were only to pleased to tape it up and help me fill out the customs document. Mark your items as gifts and list them.



Before you go learn to say hello/thankyou etc in Cantonese...it goes along way !!!.




Over the years I%26#39;ve found HK post very safe and reliable, also much more economical than Australia or western European countries.




Thanks to all, I guess there is nothing stopping me now!!:%26gt;)




are you staying in TST? The main post office there is on Middle Road (which runs behind the Sheraton) right above East TST station.





It is cheaper for me to send a letter/parcel to my parents in the UK, from HK, than it is to mail the same letter/parcel from within the UK. How crazy is that?





HK Post = very reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment