Thursday, March 29, 2012

Things to do near the Hilton?

Will be at the Hilton for a week in July and looking for info on what%26#39;s nearby?

If we are in walking mode what restaurants do you suggest?

Is there a subway station nearby?

Any ';tourist'; things to do/see nearby or do we need to taxi everywhere from there?

Things to do near the Hilton?

This is more a business area so you will need taxis to see the attractions. I once had dinner at a great Sichuan restaurant close by but I can never remember the names of chinese restaurants (assuming they have an english name). Maybe others can help.

Things to do near the Hilton?

No metro stop nearby since line 10 is still under construction.


Hilton hotel is nearby Lufthansa Shopping Center.There are many western Restaurants around Hilton.About 5 mins walking to Lufthansa Shopping Center,you will find Italian Restaurant---Trattoria La Gondola(one of famous restaurant in town)and German Restaurant---Paulaner Brauhaus(a great range of beers from Germany).

About 10-15 mins walk to ';Lucky Street';(food street),you can find all various cuision,Thai,Chinese French,Janpanese,Korean....

There is a new ';Bar street';not far from Lucky street.

You also can find Moslim food,Middle east(Iirsel).

Hilton hotel adjacent to the embassy area,you can enjoy International food there.

Cheers


I returned to the US from Beijing about 2 weeks ago. I stayed at the Hilton. There isn%26#39;t much in the area within walking distance.

The nearest subway station is a taxi ride away, and quite honestly, since you%26#39;d be in a taxi already, you may as well have the taxi take you to your destination. Taxis are REALLY cheap in Beijing and I used them extensively.

As was mentioned, the Lufthansa Center is about 5 minute walk from the hotel. This is a MASSIVE department store that sells EVERYTHING! There is a grocery store in the basement which is handy for picking up bottled water, snacks, etc. The Italian restaurant in the Lufthansa center is decent. I ate there one day and had pizza but I waited over an hour for my food to come as the pizza oven was broken (not sure why they waited until AFTER they brought the pizza to tell me this).

Here%26#39;s a tip: pony up the extra money for the ';concierge floor'; This gives you access to the 22nd floor where you can eat free breakfast daily (buffet style and there is a chef who makes omelettes). It also gives you free happy hour daily with hot hor d%26#39;oeuvres. The 22nd floor also has free wireless internet access whereas the internet in your room will cost almost $20/day and it%26#39;s not wireless. There%26#39;s also a computer up there if you don%26#39;t have a laptop.


I will be staying at the Hilton later this month. My question is this, can I buy hair products (mousse, shampoo, hairspray) at the Lufthansa Center or is it just groceries. I%26#39;m a bit ';fussy'; about my hair (it%26#39;s long enough for me to sit on it and VERY thick). With the flying restrictions I usually just buy stuff when I arrive at my destination. I%26#39;ve never been to Beijing so I wasn%26#39;t sure about what to do.

Thanks,

JP

  • advice how
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment