Thursday, March 29, 2012

Park Lane Hotel-studio?

I was hoping that someone could comment on the studio room at the park lane hotel? Pros and Cons? Any oppinion is welcomed!!!thanks

Park Lane Hotel-studio?

Convenient, next to the busiest street of Hong Kong. Lots of shops, restaurants around. Location is great but of course the pollution in the area is damn horrible.

The hotel is elegantly decorated. Depending on which direction your room face, it can either see the harbour or the park.

Service in general is good, but of course depends on the situations. At one time I was in the flagship restaurant of the hotel and I was not given even a glass of water after sitting down for nearly 20 minutes. After I made a nasty complaint to the Manager, my table was served by two people.....this is Hong Kong.

Enjoy your stay anyway!

Park Lane Hotel-studio?

Thats great info! I think I will like the hussle and bussle of the city life....I want something different then our current laid back Island life style. The other portion of our trip(disney/macau) will be kind of slow anyways...I think? I am glad you liked the food at the hotel too. I have been reading mixed reviews? We will pobably only eat breakfast in the hotel?

I was hoping to here more about the rooms, I was wondering about the studios?


oops.....you did not mention the food? I just assumed you liked it I guess; you only commented on the service so if the food was liam I am sure you would have said something along with the service?? I need to stop over analyzing...lol..


Angie, there are virtually hundreds of restaurants nearby Parklane Hotel. Why bother about hotel food? I would suggest you to explore those restaurants than eating the, usual, boring hotel food!


Can%26#39;t comment on the studio rooms but we stayed in a duluxe room on the 17th floor looking over Victoria park and part harbour it was fantastic.Glass bathroom wall,Very clean and the bed was so comfy.Dont waste your money on the restruant at the top of the hotel though.We got engaged there and thought sod it we would push the boat out and booked it.We spent 130 pounds and it was the worst meal I ever had.I had better food in Thailand for a tenner.Loads of places to eat in times square.Only wish we noticed these before we booked the other.


thanks to you both. You are right about the food in the hotel, I dont really plan on eating our meals there. I do think that we will have to eat breakfest there though....dont want any of the young kids to get to cranky while waiting to eat!...haha


Don%26#39;t know much about the studio room, but I have stayed at this hotel and like the people above have said, the location is great. I would suggest that you make sure you get a harbourview/park view room. Otherwise, if you get a ';cityview'; room you may not like the view (will most likely just be a view of the building next door). Another hotel that is also very good right on the same block is the Excelsior hotel. I believe you will like the neighborhood (Causeway Bay) a lot - there is lots of places to shop and eat and the whole neighborhood is always full of people and lively.

For breakfast, you might want to try the Tsui Wah Restaurant. This is a chain restaurant and there is a branch in Causeway Bay (493 - 495 Jaffe Road), not far from the hotel. From the Causeway Bay MTR station, exit D (from what I remember), walk towards the big Sogo department store. At the Sogo department store, the street will turn to the right and you also want to make a right turn. Walk straight and you will walk through a short outdoor arcade, at the end of which, you will be in front of a building called the World Trade Centre. Make a left turn here onto Jaffe Road. You will walk for about 1.5 blocks and the restaurant will be on your right hand side. There are enough pictures and english on the menus so that you will be able to order even if you can%26#39;t read chinese. Here are some reviews: virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Hong_Kong/Res鈥?/a> also, there is another place right across the street from Tsui Wah that is very similar as well as many other restaurants on this street and immediate area.

If you want some more western breakfast food, you can also try Oliver%26#39;s Super Sandwiches, which is right near the hotel as well. You will exit the hotel and be facing Victoria Park. Make a left, walk past Kingston Street, and keep on walking until you get to the next corner and then make a left turn (this is also Gloucester Road - which is the same road that the Park Lane is on, but for some reason Glocester Road turns to the left at a 90 degree angle here). Walk a few quick blocks (Cleveland Street, Houston Street, and Paterson Street) and you will find yourself at the entrance of the Excelsior Hotel. Make a slight left and walk towards the hotel entrance, pass the hotel entrance and you will see Oliver%26#39;s Super Sandwiches in an alleyway on your right side (it is part of a building called the World Trade Centre). Actually, you can also follow these instructions to get to Tsui Wah (as mentioned above). Just, when you get to the front of the World Trade Centre building, make a right onto Jaffe Road, walk about 1.5 blocks and Tsui Wah Restaurant will be on your right side.


wow great! I think I will look for Oliver%26#39;s Super Sandwiches, the hubby loves sandwiches!! thanks!

You directions are so detailed and helpfull. How long would you say that walk is??


Mmm, the walk from the Park Lane Hotel to Oliver%26#39;s Super Sandwiches is about 5 minutes I%26#39;d say. To Tsui Wah Restaurant, about 8 minutes.


AnyQuestions- wow thats it! I know that we can handle that walk....cant wait. Thanks!

  • what are the top hard disk brands
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment