Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bangkok or Beijing

Hi there,





I will be in Hong Kong this June and I%26#39;m trying to decide where to go from there--I can go to either Bangkok or Beijing and I%26#39;m just wondering which you would choose.





I%26#39;ll post this in the Bangkok forum as well.





Thank you!



Bangkok or Beijing


Eh, very different. What would be your basis of comparison? What are your aims? What are your sightseeing interests/preferences? How many days can you spare? Any budget limit?



Bangkok or Beijing


I would say hands down and without knowing anything about your preferences: Beijing, Beijing, Beijing :)





However as Ellyse stated, it is fairly impossible to answer a qestion like yours with that little information. It would be like if I were to ask you if I should go to California og Florida. New York or San Fransisco?




Thanks for your responses!





I%26#39;m afraid that because I%26#39;m already going to Hong Kong, Beijing may be too similar (although I could be completely wrong.) Also, I think I would just like to see something different like Bangkok.





I imagine it will be extremely crowded, even in June, because of the Olympics. Also, budget isn%26#39;t a huge concern.





Thanks again!




jf,



I would select Beijing, because of the Olympics and the buzz that will be going on pre Olympics.





The downside might be if protests start to break out. If you see a large ugly crowd developing, it would be time to ';exit stage left';.





Sort of like going to Denver this summer, before the DNC Convention...same advise concerning large ugly crowds applies!




I vote for Bangkok. It is a remarkable Asian city with the locals being very friendly.





Other than the Great Wall I think Bejing is more trouble than it is worth-though I think everyone, everywhere should see the Great Wall.





Bangkok will be Hot in June, but Beijing will be crowded and very polluted.





All in all you can not go wrong with either city.

No comments:

Post a Comment