Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stanley Mkt - Where to get DKNY, Kasper, Jones of NY?

Is there a specific stall or area that I should go to find these brands? I want to get some jackets that were sold here in the USA last year. I love them and wish I had bought more. I am hoping SM might be the place to find them again. But I have never been to SM and so any suggestions would be welcome!





Thanks!



Stanley Mkt - Where to get DKNY, Kasper, Jones of NY?


Stanley does not have too many brand names (legit or knock offs). The legit brands are avaialable all over Hong Kong Island or Kowloon.





If you are looking for knockoffs head to LoWu in Shenzhen.



Stanley Mkt - Where to get DKNY, Kasper, Jones of NY?


The export discount clothing stores in HK do not carry specific brands, they carry whatever is available. And usually they get what is not yet available overseas. You might see a few pieces from recognizable brands, but you won%26#39;t find a wide selection.





It is not like the designer outlets in the US, that gets the leftovers from the retail stores.




Yes- I plan to go to Shenzhen/Lowu. It is just that last year, I took some DKNY/Kasper/JONY jackets to HK to have copied by a tailor and they told me it would be cheaper to go buy these things at Stanley Mkt. They made it sound like these brands were carried there. Hence, my question....





Thanks to both who answered me.




You need to find a HK tailor that understands you love the STYLE of a jacket, not the brand.





Most people go in looking for a cheaper version of a designer outfit, usually the really expensive stuff. Considering the cost of getting custom tailoring done in HK, for the brands you mention, it would cost more then probably what you paid. That part much be confusing to the tailors you approached.





My dad is a tailor (from Hong Kong). 95% of the custom work he gets is from people wanting cheaper knock off of the really expensive brands, MAYBE 5% of people are looking for a particular style.





If you are looking for last seasons of those brands, you might have better luck look closer to home. Mervyns, TJ Maxx get alot of DKNY, Kasper %26amp; Jones NY stuff. DKNY also have it%26#39;s own outlet stores stateside.




I didnt see any brand name knock offs in Stanley last November. What I did see was some very nice local silks and linens. Much nicer!





I think the tailor didnt want the business!

No comments:

Post a Comment