Wednesday, April 25, 2012

currency for China

I have been told that I should take some Chinese currency with me prior to arriving in China. Is it advisable to use one of the internet currency exchange sites versus those at the airport (San Francisco) or a local bank? I would like to hear of any negative experiences with the internet currency exchange sites, please. Thanks!



currency for China


Internet exchange sites? I didn%26#39;t know of any that actually exchange currency for you, though there%26#39;re certainly those that provide exchange rates information.



Don%26#39;t get RMB before you come to China as the rate is frequently not as good. Change your money to RMB cash when you arrive in the airport (wherever you%26#39;re landing in China), or take along international ATM card(s) to get RMB cash directly from the ATM machines that accept that kind of cards here.



currency for China


How can you get currency from the internet? They deliver to your home?



The cheapest is to get it in China with your bank card. If you want to prevent a disaster scenario (like none of the machines at the airport are functioning) get about 200RMB ($50) from your bank. This is more than enough to get you from the airport to your hotel. In the city you will find bank machines avery 500 feet.




Yes, I was told that you purchase the currency from the website and it is mailed to you.




Bank of America in the US, Travelex in the UK, and some Canadian banks have online foreign currency exchange service.




Or just exchange it at the hotel you%26#39;re staying at. Pretty much all the big hotels there will do it.




I will be on an all inclusive tour throughout China for about 3 weeks, and I don%26#39;t think I would need much cash except for the occasional souvinir.



Where does one find the best exchange rate? Usually the hotel is not a good idea.



Do the ATM machines in China charge a fee? Are they everywhere? Are there money exchange offices, like in Europe?




I have never noticed money exchange offices except at the airport. But there are ATM everywhere. You only pay fees to your bank.




Usually, you don%26#39;t need to get RMB cash before arrving in China, as there are always ATM machines at airport, you only need to pay to your bank.



Usually, you can get ATM at the places as follows:



airport;



any bank, outside



inside shopping malls



inside lobbies of 4-5 star hotel





You remind me of one question:



My guests used to have some difficulties in withdrawing cash using ATM in china, e.g. card is taken; no cash inside. How to get your card out of the machine? Is that dangerous to leave your card inside the machine without asking your bank to stop your card functions? How do you know there is no cash inside the machine and how to deal with this problem?



Kind of questions of serials, may be I should get it as a new topic.



Hopefully other people who travel here would find it a little helpful.





Wish you have a nice trip,




I purchased currency on the internet at www.ordercurrency.com on the recommendation of a friend who has used the service several times. The exchange rate was good and my currency arrived today, 2 days after the purchase.





I called my local bank about using my ATM card in China and the fees were high.





This is only a 10-day trip, so I don%26#39;t want to waste time finding a good exchange rate.




%26gt;%26gt; I have never noticed money exchange offices



Every tourist/department store has money exchange counters.

No comments:

Post a Comment