Tuesday, April 24, 2012

money exchange in Disney?

Hi!

We will be arriving late night(9:30) and go strait to the Hollywood hotel for our first few days. We will check-in and get to sleep at about 10:30?

Where do you think I should exchange money at in the morning? can I do this at the hotel or park? Should I just do it at the airport? Can I do it at the airport? I will need to get some HKD to pay for transportation to hotel on the first night.

Also, would it be easy to catch a taxi since it will be late? Or is there a easier way(that will take us to the hotel door steps)?

Sorry for all the questions...I am a bit confused...hehe

money exchange in Disney?

Why don%26#39;t you buy Hong Kong dollars at your local bank ie at home? If this is not possible you can I think, change money at the airport, but as usual with most airports you don%26#39;t get a very good rate. It might be better to find a cirrus machine or similar and use a credit or debit card to obtain Hong Kong dollars. These transactions also have fees for many banks. If getting the best rate is important to you you should check all these options before you decide.

money exchange in Disney?

Thats the problem, I cant do it at any banks at home before we go! I guess I will just get enought at the airport for transportation to hotel. Then I will look for a place in the morning? I was hopeing that someone who has been to Disney would be able to tell me if they changed cash there??

thanks sergeon!


Sorry, can%26#39;t help you on Disneyland when I was there the last thing I was looking for was a bureau de change. But I%26#39;m sure someone will know. Wouldn%26#39;t it be better to arrange and prepay airport transfers before you leave? We do this all the time, it saves having to be adventurous, and we did once make the mistake of opening the door of a taxi that wasn%26#39;t in the queue, until I wondered why no one else was doing it. There should be no problem with buses, we have seen them there till much later than 9:30 p.m.


Oh dear, me stupid, just realised you mean the hotel. Can%26#39;t help specifically, but someone will definitely know. They won%26#39;t give you a very good rate either though, judging by hotel money exchanges round the world. There must be money machines somewhere around there are surely? Consensus seems to be that they are the best bet these days.


thanks for helping me along with the brain storming! I am sure that I can get a little at the Airport and I am also thinking that most places in disney will take a credit card? So I guess I will not have to worry about it till i go to macau or veture out to city gate mall; have you been to city gate?


Alas no we didn%26#39;t go to City Gate, we did go to every mall between Northpoint and I think, Western district, including the silk market. We then went from Ocean terminal to Hung Hom by way of every shop/stall in between, leaving out only the camera shops and suit makers along Nathan Road. I don%26#39;t think my wife knew about City Gate. We will be taking our delayed holiday around January probably. Let%26#39;s keep City Gate our little secret -- please. :-)


haha...funny..thanks!

  • multiple tables
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment